21.11.11

Sizzling Art Update: A Sneak Peek at Sandi Whetzel's most recent wine painting, "What's in YOUR Goblet?"

"What's in YOUR  Goblet?" 20x20 acrylic ©Sandi Whetzel
I'm always asking myself, "What feelings do people associate with wine and how can I express those feelings in exceptional ways in my art?"  I want my viewers to connect and engage emotionally with my paintings.  I'm always looking for the "Wow Factor".  I'm finding that a sentimental, romantic hook has been fun and effective.

My most recent painting will probably have most appeal to women, but I hope that men will also appreciate the sentiment this painting evokes.  I've set the stage very simply for a little poolside delight.  It's a wine fantasy from a woman's perspective. 

She's grasping at the goblet of red wine.  Can you imagine his surprise and his reaction to her when the wine settles and he opens his eyes?  Does he know he's being watched as he splish splashes in the wine?  Does he even know her?  Does she know him or is he just some dream hunk she's conjured up in her mind?  What does she look like?  Can you imagine her anticipation?  You get to complete the fantasy. 

What's in YOUR goblet?  Do you want what she's having?  Are you smiling now?  How would this guilt-free pleasure look on your wall?  Wouldn't  it be a great conversation piece?  How will it make you feel whenever you look at it?

Too see more of Sandi Whetzel's art, click here

 

No comments: