5.9.09

Sandi Whetzel exhibits at the Umpqua Valley Wine, Art & Music Festival, Sept. 12 & 13, 2009

Wine on the Vine ©Sandi Whetzel


Amid the flurry of putting the last touches on paintings, addressing postcard invitations, assembling greeting cards of my art, designing a booth space with a new metal rack system, restoring files from a computer crash last week, and other details, I am looking forward to setting up my booth at the Umpqua Valley Wine, Art and Music Festival, Sept. 12 & 13, 2009 at Umpqua Community College's Amphitheatre, Winchester, OR. This is a brand new beautiful venue for the wine festival on its 40th anniversary; the oldest continuous running wine festival in Oregon. The festival location is ideal with easy access off I-5 at exit 129.

The event is the place to be for family friendly entertainment and games, a car show and fire engine display, dozens of regional artists, local wineries and food vendors and first class live entertainment. Some of the music will be Volifonix, Paul Biondi and the Michael Tracey Band and the Colin Ross Band. For a schedule of the entertainment and activities click here
The festival hours are Saturday from 11 am - 10 pm and Sunday from 11 am - 6 pm. Tickets to the event are available at the gate or online, here

The image I am using for my postcard invitations to the event, (pictured with this post), is of my painting, Wine on the Vine, which was the first of my series of wine paintings. This painting was selected to promote this same wine festival in 2005 and also the Wine About Art Exhibit at Umpqua Valley Arts Association in 2004. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to connect the painting with this event again this year via my postcard invitations and with this post.

I will be featuring a hand embellished high quality giclee reproduction on canvas of theWine on the Vine painting in my festival booth. Other paintings in the wine series and framed giclees of Wine on the Vine and Wine on the Vine II will be displayed, as well as most of my succulent series and other paintings. The space will be brimming with bold, lively color.

No comments: