3.11.12

Let Freedom Ring! 12x12 acrylic ©Sandi Whetzel


Let Freedom Ring! 12x12 acrylic ©Sandi Whetzel
Originally uploaded by sandiwhetzel



Please join me in a toast to the freedom and liberties we enjoy in the United States of America: "Let Freedom Ring!"

My recent art focus has been on the pleasures of wine. As an artist, I wondered how I could express my appreciation for the freedoms we enjoy in America within the context of my wine-themed art. This is what I was inspired to create. For most of my life I have taken our freedom for granted; being assured that we would always have it. Over the last few years and more recently, I have realized that we are in danger of losing our freedoms. I've never been overly patriotic. However, when we are in danger of losing our liberties, then we begin to prize them as the treasures they truly are. I hope that in some small way, I have inspired you to appreciate, protect and defend the freedom we have been blessed with in this great land of the free and the brave. "Let Freedom Ring!"

No comments: